1- This request for Expression of Interest (E01s) follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business Ref. No. AfDB604-10/13 on 2nd October 2014.
2. The Social Fund for Development has received grant no. G-EG-AAG-ZZZ-001 from the African Development Bank (AfDB) for USD 2 M. SFD is planning to use part of this grant to eligible payments under the contract for consultancy firm services to "Support to MSMEs in Organic Clusters".
3. The objective of the consultancy assignment is to develop an integrated "Marketing and Branding Strategy for the Handmade Carpets and Kleem Organic Cluster" in Egypt with focus on Kafr E-Sheikh, Menofeya, and Beni Suef Governorates. In particular: (i) the Marketing Strategy is to be based on the study of the marketing mix for local and international markets; market segmentation of targeted clients and competitors; and include a communication strategy based on offline and online tools. (ii) the Branding Strategy is to be based on the product positioning, and include name/logo/slogan. It should also include a communication plan, a unique selling proposition and an achievement measurement plan.
4. The SFD invites eligible consultancy firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide a statement of capability and experience indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments and experiences, availability of appropriate skills among staff...etc).
5. A short list of six consultancy firms will be compiled in accordance with the procedures set out in the African Development Bank's Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants, dated May 2008 and revised July 2012, using Consultants' Qualifications Selection (CQS).
6. Interested consultancy firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Cairo local time (Except Fridays and Saturdays).
7. Written EOls must be marked "marketing and branding strategy for handmade carpets and Kleem based on a review of recent studies and forecast " and delivered to the address below by 12:00 noon Cairo local time on March 25th 2017.