DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENTS
1.1 UNPD Regional Procurement Office (RPO), on behalf of MONUSCO hereby invites qualified vendors from all countries to submit their Expression of Interest for the provision of Shuttle Bus Services in Support of Entebbe Support Base (ESB) for the contract period initially of 1 year with the option to extend for two additional 1 year periods. In general terms, the successful Contractor will be required to provide Shuttle Bus Services as stated below;
• Moving staff between Kampala, Entebbe and residential areas along the Entebbe Road on a daily basis.
• Rotation of troops between Entebbe International Airport and Entebbe Support Base (ESB) on asand-when required basis in support of MONUSCO’s operations in Uganda.
1.2 The estimated number of regular shuttle passengers will be approximately between 150 and 200 subject to change. Rotating troops will not exceed 500 per request. Please note that Quantities provided are estimates.
1.3 The Contractor shall provide, as a minimum, the buses, as follows:
• Right hand drive
• Varying seating capacities 10-15, 25-30, 50-60 passengers + driver
• Year of manufacture no less than 2006
• Type of fuel - diesel • Passenger and driver’s seat belts
• Fully functioning air-conditioning
1.4 The Contractor shall ensure that all drivers hold a valid driving permit and other documents compliant with local rules and regulations for the movement of passengers in Uganda, with proven experience of at least 5 (five) years, subject to background and security checks by MONUSCO. The drivers shall be fully and constantly compliant with local traffic rules and regulations as well as medically/physically fit to perform the services under the Contract.
1.5 The Contractor shall be responsible for the provision of fuel and lubricants during each rental period as well as buses’ cleanliness, repairs and maintenance.
1.6 MONUSCO will not be liable for any legal matters should circumstances arise as a result of transporting unauthorized passengers/cargo during the bus shuttle service; MONUSCO will not be responsible for circumstances that may arise should private arrangements be made between drivers and personnel/staff that have not been authorized by MONUSCO Transport representative.
2. Companies interested in providing the above services are invited to submit their EOI, along with the following documents:
a) Company’s full profile with all details (address, contact person, telephone/fax numbers, e-mail)
b) Copies of the company’s business registration certificate and license in this line of business
c) General organizational capability and resources (staffing, years of experience in the above field, equipment, proof of financial strength for the last three years, etc).
d) Experience profile (service description, service amount and contracting organization/entity e.g. UN, Governments, NGOs, etc.)
e) Company’s registration number (if already registered with UN) and UNGM registration number (www.ungm.org)
3. Note that companies that have previously submitted EOI for similar services with UN must re-submit full documentation as detailed above.
4. Please note, this is not an invitation for submission of proposals. Its purpose is to identify companies that would be interested in participating in the solicitation when issued.
5. The UNPD/RPO will examine the outcome of this request for EOI and will consider those companies that have expressed their interest in providing the required information as to their ability to fulfill UNPD/RPO’s requirement. PD/EOI/MISSION v2017-01
6. UNPD/RPO reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. Thus, submitting a reply to this REOI does not automatically guarantee your company will be considered for receipt of the solicitation when issued. The tender and any subsequent commitment to contract will be issued in accordance with UN rules and regulations.
7. The expressions of interest (EOI) may be submitted by mail, clearly marked with the inscription “Expression of Interest – " Provision of Shuttle Bus Services at Entebbe Support Base" and sent to the following address to be received no later than 17H30 (Entebbe local time: GMT +3) on 7th April 2017.
Regional Procurement Office
Entebbe Support Base
Fax: + (256) 312 323 264
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. EOIs not addressing the above criteria to the satisfaction of UNPD/RPO shall not be considered for the solicitation to bid, if and when issued. UNPD/RPO reserves the right in selecting the invitees for the solicitation and mere expressing an interest would not automatically warrant your organization for the solicitation document.
9. Queries regarding this REOI should be directed to email@example.com